15 October 2014

Tour Of Blogland

Starting this blogging journey has been so rewarding for me.  I still consider myself new to blogging, so when Kat of Lemonade Linings asked me to be a part of Tour of Blogland, I was thrilled!  I saw it as a great opportunity to meet new "blogging friends" as well as share some of the amazing bloggers I have met so far.  

Meet:

For anyone who is not familiar with Tour of Blogland, I answer a few questions about my blogging process, and then I nominate three others to do the same!  Below are my answers to the questions with a short bio of the three bloggers I nominated to follow after me, so be sure to follow Hannah, Nicole, and Carli to see how their blogging process works as well!

1. What am I working on? I am working on really developing the voice  and branding of my blog.  I am working on a little inspiration board that will help my posts keep true to what truly inspires me.  It will be a source to go to when I am stuck on coming up with content and creative for my posts.  I will definitely share once complete!  I have also been working on my photography and Photoshop skills, so if anyone has any tips, please feel free to comment or message them to me!  Also, I am trying to find a great, affordable, first-timer camera.  If anyone has any camera suggestions... please let me know!

2. How does my work differ from others in its genre?  That is a really great question!  I think mine is very similar to others, but at the same time, the voice is uniquely branded to me!  My blog is about the things I am really passionate about and the things I personally want to share with my readers. I incorporate my own style into my fashion posts and my personal taste in flavors to my recipe posts.

3. Why do I write/create what I do?  I started blogging because I always looked up to other lifestyle and fashion bloggers, and I wanted to be that source of inspiration for others - whether it is inspiration through my outfits, or a simple recipe to make for their next party. 

4. How does my writing/creative process work?  I have been keeping an ongoing list of things I would like to write about.  I have been trying to at least write two posts a week.  I know it doesn't seem like much, but I am a firm believer in quality over quantity.  I try to get ahead of my posts, starting a couple days out, but it seems like often times I am up till midnight the night before I want the post to go out!  A lot of times I scour through Pinterest, the Zoe Report or Refinery 29 to get some inspiration for upcoming posts.  What did we ever do before Pinterest?

Now I would like to introduce you to Nicole from Class to Closet, Hannah from Sweeter than Serenity, and Carli of Puppies and Polka Dots!






8 comments:

  1. I agree that every blog has a unique voice, or that they should!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you keep an ongoing list of things you want to write about. That's a department I sometimes struggle in and you might have just inspired me to continuously write things down as the pop into my head!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love this, Natalie! You are so right that we are what sets our blogs apart-- so keep on being your awesome self :) And I love how you introduced new bloggers at the end of your tour. That is so sweet! Keep up the great work, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you again for this!! I can't wait to answer these questions myself!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading yours next week!

      Delete
  5. Awesome Love this

    check me out

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to meet these three fab bloggers! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you again for this nomination!! I am going to work on mine this week and post it by the end of the week! :)

    xo, carli
    Puppies and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete